Friday, April 25, 2008

baby angel james blankie

as i stood in the nicu nursery tonite, with my great nephews tiny hand clutching my finger, I prayed harder than Ive prayed in a long time. Now, I knwo that you dont have to pray "hard" for god to hear you ,but this time I felt the need.

this dear little baby, so tiny, so frail, and hanging on so hard to life. so far we know his PDA is closing, his oxygen level is getting better, he has a blood culture infection, and now his little belly is swelling --and he is brusing -- they are saying words like nephritis and gangrene, and talking terms like "life threatening" and worry.

As I knit and crochet and try to give him gifts full of love and warmth, as I hold my niece and try to say the right thing, as I try to explain to my brother what is going on and skim over the pain for my dad -- as i watch valerie struggle with her own battles, as i cling to my faith and pray to my god, I am amazed at how much emotion thisl ittle tiny 1 lb. 3 oz .baby can evoke
be well baby james and know that you are loved.

No comments: