Monday, July 7, 2008

ruh roh

i had a revelation this morning, sitting there knitting, coffee cup at my side....
I have spent the last 28 years being "mom". damn good at it too I must say. And, now, Ive pretty much done my job, my children, tho all dealing with their own idiosyncracies and issues, are independent for the most part, and dont "need" me to be a part of their day to day life. I floundered around for a while, being a pain in the ass Im sure, but then i picked up my needles again.....
and now I knit. Boy, do I knit. Im defining myself through my yarns and needles. Jesus, why cant I get a "hobby" , why does everything I do become all absorbing????

Ok, today I WILL NOT KNIT ANYMORE...who am I kidding, I have to finish that green sweater so I can get started on Taresa's socks.

sheesh.

No comments: